Tomorrow, I have Maxim Jakubowski as my very special guest here at the bar. So, in honor of this milestone, I decided to sit down and run down my top 10 sexiest songs of all time. This is just my own personal opinion, and some people may disagree, but do give them a fair hearing (I even included links) before you decide one way or the other.
1) Paula Cole: Feelin’ Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTNNLxev7S0&feature=related
Between the sinuous bass riff and the lyrics, this is heavy-breathing music to get laid by, in the best possible way!
2) Melissa Etheridge: Angels Would Fall http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8FfGvCFho&ob=av2e
This song’s more involved with forbidden and secret desires, and all the hotter for the emotional context.
3) The Police: Wrapped Around Your Finger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svWINSRhQU0&ob=av3e
Another song that’s more psychological than overtly sexual, but the syncopated rhythm and the deep lyrics make this a great song to make out by the fire to.
4) LL Cool J: Lounging http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igvgK-r_rPo
Okay, okay. Not everyone’s into rap, I get it. But still: With the sample track and the lyrics . . . Damn. Just . . . damn.
5) Juice Newton: Angel Of The Morning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTzGMEfbnAw&ob=av2e
Before you ask if I’ve completely lost my mind, bear in mind that this song was originally offered to no less a light than Connie Francis, who turned it down as being “too risque” for her career.
6) Garbage: Queer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxQdVTjEMF4
Okay. The slightly offensive title aside, listen to the heavy, sensual rhythm and the lyrics, which revolve around romantic obsession and confusion concerning what one wants and what is considered to be acceptable. Great song to strip to.
7) LL Cool J: Doin’ It http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTdafjUEaVY
If you know this song, ’nuff said. If you don’t . . . yeah. Take a listen to this. This is not the official video, because the official video omits some fairly key lyrics.
8) Garth Brooks: The Red Strokes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWJEkJPXIpw
PLEASE, PLEASE ignore the semi-lame fan video. The lyrics are what count here.
9) Mandy Moore: It’s Gonna Be Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCTISSi6Fug
I don’t even wanna hear it. Just say thank you and drive on.
10) Jordin Sparks ft. Chris Brown: No Air: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBKnpyoFEBo
Say what you will about American Idol or Chris Brown. The sheer need and the feeling of standing at a great height getting ready to fall this song inspires makes it a natural for the list.
So now you know what goes on my playlist when I want to write those REALLY sexy or hot scenes! I hope you enjoyed them.
Don’t forget to check back tomorrow for my special guest!
Until next time,